Dstny supports Digital for Youth: are you with us?
Due to the Corona virus, schools are giving their pupils digital home assignments. That’s an initiative we definitely support, but sadly home-education isn’t a self-evident route for every family to take. As a result, a lot of children may lose out and that is not Business Communications today and tomorrow.
Those of you who know me well, know that I always support such initiatives with the utmost conviction. Earlier this week, I therefore joined – as an ambassador – in the story of “Digital for Youth.be”, a collaboration between DNS Belgium and Close the Gap that already has 1,000 laptops for vulnerable young people ready at this point in time. Our goal is to distribute 10,000 computers in Flanders by the end of the Easter holiday. Close the Gap has also submitted this project to the Brussels and Walloon governments and education authorities and is hoping for a quick response. We, too, will be jumping on the bandwagon as soon as we have a definite answer.
These are not easy times for any business. However, I’m now making an appeal to you to lend a helping hand to our future generation.
- As a company, donate recent, used laptops
- You can register donations via email@example.com;
- 30 or more laptops in working order can be collected;
- These laptops are prepared for reuse in a professional, safe manner (data removed, any repairs and upgrades carried out, Microsoft OS installed, cleaned).
- Make a financial contribution
- Donations of EUR 40 or over are tax deductible;
- For more info: www.digitalforyouth.be
You can download more information about this project here. If you have any further questions about this initiative or how it works, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Let’s confront this crisis together… as it should be!
Daan De Wever, CEO