Want to make phone calls via your computer? It's easiest with a headset. We explain to you hear how to install a new Plantronics headset and link it to your Dstny Softphone.
Always charge the headset before connecting it to your softphone.
This is how to install your headset:
- Plug your USB cable or dongle into your computer’s USB port.
- Your computer will automatically install the correct drivers. A pop-up window may appear on the right below your taskbar. Installation may take a few minutes.
- Once your drivers are installed, this pop-up may appear: (illustration)
To connect your headset to the softphone, follow these steps:
- Open the Dstny Softphone
- At the top left-hand corner, go to ‘Extra’, then select ‘Options’.
- Go to the ‘Audio’ tab. You can call on the softphone in two ways: via the computer’s microphone and speakers or via your headset. There are therefore two audio profiles:
- Speaker profile
- Headset profile
- In the ‘Headset’ tab you can choose which device you want use for speaking (input device), listening (output device) and hearing the ringtone. Make your selection via the dropdown menu.
- Want to change your audio profile? Click on the icon in the bottom left corner of the softphone.
- The speaker profile is activated
- The headset profile is activated